Soudal Fill & Fix Polyurethane Expanding Foam 750ml (Straw)
A PU based insulation foam which forms a permanent, air tight and waterproof bond to wood, metal, glass, masonry, concrete and most plastics (not on PE, PP). Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation, keeps away cold and heat, noise and humidity. Suitable for filling and insulating both indoors and outdoors and for the installation of doors and windows. Soudal Fill & Fix Foam is tack free in 20 minutes and cures in 6-8 hours. Cured Soudal Fill & Fix Foam can be sanded or painted with all ttpes of paint.
Soudal Fill & Fix Foam is a one-component, self-expanding, ready-to-use polyurethane foam with propellants which are completely harmless to the ozone layer. Every can comes with a straw adapter for quick, simple, and convenient application to fill gaps, cavities, and joints. With its high-yield formulation and an expansion value of 30 to 40x, each 750 ml can of Soudal Fill & Fix Foam can be expected to create up to 30 litres of cured foam.
- Excellent adhesion on most substrates (except PTFE, PE, and PP)
- High thermal and acoustical insulation
- Very good filling capacities
- Excellent stability
- Water-resistant, and capable of creating a waterproof barrier
- High yield formulation to achieve large running metres and filling capacities Includes straw applicator for fuss-free and simple applications
- Self-expanding to easily fill up large gaps and cavities
- Open-cell technology for faster curing times, better insulation, and higher strength
- Excellent dimensional stability means no excessive curing and post-expansion pressure
- Will not shrink or collapse
- Can even be used as an insulating adhesive for mounting and bonding
- Superb shelf-life with little degradation of performance after storage
- Made in Belgium by the one of the world’s largest PU foam manufacturers
- Installation of window frames Installation of doorframes
- Filling of cavities
- Sealing of all openings in roof constructions
- Creation of a soundproof screen
- Mounting and sealing of window doorframes
- Connecting of insulation materials and roof constructions
- Application of a soundproofing layer on motors
- Improving thermal insulation in cooling systems Installation of air conditioners
- Bonding of insulation panels
How to use
- Always shake the can aggressively before application
- Spraying a fine mist of water on the substrate may promote adhesion and cell structure
- Attach the included straw applicator on the foam nozzle firmly
- Turn the can upside down to extrude the foam
- Fill gap up to 50% – 70%, and allow for self-expanding properties to fill the rest
- Allow foam roughly 3 hours to expand and cure
- Cut away excess foam from the joint if necessary
Storage and warnings
- Soudal PU foams can be stored up to 18 months in unopened packaging in a cool, dry storage place with temperatures between 5 to 25C.
- Always store can with the valve pointed upwards.
- Always use safety goggles and gloves when using PU foam.
- PU foams are highly flammable. Do not smoke or have any source of fire near during application.